The ICCHP places students’ needs and requirements at the heart of its teaching approach. It offers full support, delivered by highly skilled, qualified and experienced clinical hypnotherapy teachers, with both academic and practical expertise.
As a student hypnotherapist, you will learn a comprehensive range of hypnotherapy skills and techniques, underpinned by an understanding of psychology, psychotherapy and therapeutic hypnosis. You will build and develop your knowledge and skills throughout your learning. You will start by mastering the hypnotic process and then be introduced to a variety of therapeutic processes and their application, leading to understanding and applying the most advanced hypnotherapy techniques. Once you have completed the course, you will be able to effectively and efficiently treat clients with hypnotherapy.
The ICCHP base all of its therapeutic and hypnotic approaches on well researched and evidence based practice, underpinned by established theories which explain how and why therapeutic hypnosis is effective. The basis of our therapeutic model is taught exclusively by the ICCHP and helps students to quickly understand the processes involved in hypnotherapy.
Whether in the classroom or through our online student learning portal, we endeavour to make learning therapeutic hypnosis fun and simple.
View the course module syllabus - View an example of the ICCHP learning portal
You will be able to:
- Undertake case histories with confidence, making precise assessments of your client, their problem and developing an effective treatment plan.
- Treat both simple and complex client presenting issues
- Employ both commonly used and the most advanced hypnotherapy techniques
- Induce a hypnotic trance in your clients, selecting a technique most suited to them
- Apply appropriate therapeutic interventions using direct and indirect conversational hypnotherapy techniques
- Successfully undertake client follow up sessions
- Deal with abreactions, should they arise
- Be able to handle other client issues, including ethical judgements
- Work in your chosen clinical or non-clinical setting
- Work with confidence and ease
- Register with the GHR, IHR or CNHC
Tutor support is always available and our online forums offer access to other students and graduates. Students share their learning on the forums, where posting is a mandatory part of the learning experience. The forums enhance the learning experience, whilst offering support from tutors and other students.
You can also complete required assessments and forum posts at your own pace, there is no time limit. This means that learning can fit in with your home and work demands.
Tutors also supervise clinical practice. And when you are in practice as a student practitioner you have access to clinical supervisors to help you plan your treatment approach with clients.
The ICCHP also has an appointed placement officer who can help find students voluntary placements in UK hospitals and clinics, so that they can gain experience or learn specific clinical knowledge.
Please contact us for further information. Alternatively you can enrol on a hypnotherapy course here.