The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
ICCHP Limited 10 Harley Street London W1G 9PF United Kingdom
Processing of Your Personal Data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because our company size does not meet the threshold.
- Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: You have given us consent to use your data in a limited way to participate in our free course offerings.
We process your information in the following ways: We only use a basic amount of information (name, email address) electronically.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- Lawful basis: Contract
The reason we use this basis: We use your data to fulfil our agreed or contractual obligations under our terms and conditions of conducting business.
We process your information in the following ways: We only use a basic amount of information (name, email address, provided street address, telephone number) electronically.
Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
Sharing your information: We only share your Name and email address details with the General Hypnotherapy Register, so that you are able to join this professional body as a student member. We do not share any other information to any other organisations.
- Lawful basis: Legal obligation
The reason we use this basis: To fulfil requirements of Her Majesty's Government for tax, payroll and accounting practices and reporting.
We process your information in the following ways: Your details may be included in business documentation required by law to be retained and submitted for tax and reporting fiscal information to government departments.
Data retention period: Time required by law.
Sharing your information: We may and do share your personal information with third parties and they include; Her Majesty's Revenue and Cistoms and Companies House.
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
The reason we use this basis: In order to carry out our business functions and meet obligations to our customers and shareholders.
We process your information in the following ways: You may receive business related emails and/or marketing offers as a result of your expressed interests in our products or services, as a customer. This will be limited to your provided name and email address.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Limited or non-existent at present.
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Log information – When you access ICCHP Limited services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to ICCHP Limited, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data – ICCHP Limited may offer location-enabled services. If you use those services, ICCHP Limited may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number – Certain services may include a unique application or identification number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to ICCHP Limited when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of ICCHP Limited or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
ICCHP Limited processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America, United Kingdom, European Community and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use the Account Login to review and control the information stored in your ICCHP Limited account.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some ICCHP Limited features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we may share
ICCHP Limited only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of ICCHP Limited in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ICCHP Limited, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to ICCHP Limited employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating your personal information
When you use ICCHP Limited services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
ICCHP Limited adheres to all laws governing its operations in all countries and jurisdictions it operates.
Compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998
ICCHP as data controllers must comply with the provisions of the 1998 Act even if we are exempt from notification. There are eight data protection principles that ICCHP follow to adhere to the requirements of the Act. In summary, we ensure that data shall be:
- 1. fairly and lawfully processed;
- 2. processed for limited purposes;
- 3. adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- 4. accurate;
- 5. not kept longer than necessary;
- 6. processed in accordance with the data subjects’ rights;
- 7. secure; and
- 8. not transferred to countries outside the EEA without adequate protection.
Data Security and Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.thetafhotel.co.uk or as a titled text link like this: Bed & Breakfast in Whitland.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the legitimate interests lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list, as we only direct market to our current and previous customers or those who have requested information about our product and services offers. You can OPT OUT of these at any time. We only use your email address for this purpose and do not use any other data for this purpose. We do not use any email marketing messages sent through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send do not contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Resources and Further Information